Monday, December 21, 2009

When Life gives you Lemons, Make Lemonade

Yesterday I picked my BFF for E up from the airport at around 9:30ish. I could not have been happier. Four months of not knowing someone, and finally seeing a familiar face was AMAZING! We walked around Paris a bit, but it being a Sunday, everything was closed, so I just let her soak up the sites. Of course we stayed up till wayyyy past our bedtime catching up! She had been studying in Israel, and boy did she have some stories for me!

We got up bright and early at 6:00 to catch out train to Amsterdam. Everything was going as smooth as a jar of jif, until we got to the train station. It was unbelievably populated. I know its a busy time to be traveling, but I knew this amount of people was unreal! Turns out the train that left before us was cancelled due to someone getting "sick" (aka committing suicide) on the tracks. Therefore, their train was delayed and would be delaying all the other trains. For some reason (that is unclear to me) the conductor needed everyone for the 8:30 train to refund their tickets and repurchase new one for a later time. Annie and I had bought these tickets 2 weeks ago for 245Euros for two people, roundtrip. Well, we were refunded (it takes TWO months for them to process the refund though?!?!) but to by two more round trip tickets cost.... i kid you not FOUR HUNDRED AND FIFTY-EIGHT EUROS!!! Thats about $+600, and WAYYY over my price range.

Needless to say, we just decided to stay in Paris for the week! Not too shabby, if you ask me! Also, I'm big into believing everything happens for a reason, so maybe we would have gotten into some trouble in the Red Light district and this is just a gift from the Big Man?!

Well, I'm off to show my BFF my favorite spots in Paris with some French Onion soupe for this cold, rainy day! =)

Bisous!
Morgan

2 comments:

  1. Christmas in Paris sounds wonderful to me! And you get to spend it with your BFF... bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true! And the weather has been nice, so we've been lucky! Hope you are enjoying your first French Christmas as well! =)

    ReplyDelete