Sunday, December 20, 2009

Wow. I'm embarassed. So its been about TWO Months since my last blog post! Quelle Horreur! I don't know, I always start writing something then feel silly because WHO THE HECK AM I WRITING TO?! But you know what, I'm writing this more as a way to keep up with my thoughts through this crazy study abroad experience so lets play a little game of catch up, shall we? (Even if this is just me re-visiting this blog!)

So October came and went almost as quickly as November! Besides exploring Paris more, I made it  to Dublin, Prague, Stockholm, and London. I loved all the cities I visited and after each one, I deemed it my new "favorite." But after some reflection, [not including Paris, nothing beats Paris!] I've decided my favorite for sights was Prague...



the only way I can describe this place is FAIRY TALE! I would never be able to live/work there. I would just be waiting for my fairy godmother and prince charming to sweep me away the whole time! I have literally hundreds of pictures of buildings from this place. The people were super nice too and they had already started setting up christmas displays (this was before HALLOWEEN!?) so there was excellent food to nosh on too!



Stockholm was just a cool place. It had a NYC vibe, but still very mideval. Not to mention it is made up of 16 islands! And yes, the people were all tall, blonde, and gorgeous! Only drawback (besides everyone being ten times prettier than you, ha) was that it was legit dark out at 3:30! We were there for two nights, and both nights we went to the movies! Which is what everyone in Stockholm does (we asked the person selling tickets, we were so confused by the mad rush of people buying tickets.) there are 5 big cinemas throughout the city and each one played about 10 movies (each seating about 200) you had to buy your tickets and hour in advanced to reserve a spot! CraZy!




Oh and then there was London.... I went there in the beginning of November as a seriously spontaneous thing. My friend and I were on skysscanner.com and found really cheap tickets to go for THAT weekend (it was weds. night) so we decided to just go. My friend from highschool had studied there for 2 years because he loved it so much, so I knew we were going to have a blast. He also hooked us up and let us stay with his old roommates. We really experienced the "British Gentlemen." Hello, living with 3 ex-rugby player, British army boys. If I could have stayed there forever, I would have. The people were more than friendly, the food was delish, and the atmosphere was AMAZING. Tope 3 cities I want to live/work in after graduation NYC, London, or Paris (maybe all three?!?)

Since being back in Paris, I got my HAIR CUT! It was beyond a beast! I got about 8 inches and 10 lbs thinned out! I was not quite ready for that drastic of a cut, but luckily, my hair grows super fast and it already grew an inch!


We celebrated Thanksgiving at the "center" and boy was it amazing! These kids really new how to cook! I'll admit it, I was a bit REALLY depressed about not being home with the fam (hello, i have awesome 9 siblings!) but I just blocked it out! I knew I needed to shake it off and make the most of being with my new friends/family in PARIS! I literally had to be rolled onto the metro after that feast!

This past week was the last week of classes for the semester students. It was so hard saying goodbye to all of my new friends. It really felt like our time had been cut short. Although I'm jealous and sad again to not be going home for the holidays, this is a once in a lifetime chance and they'll be other Christmases, RIGHT?!?!
I don't think know if I explained how much of a homebody and mama/daddy's girl I am. When I went to NYC for school Freshman year, I couldn't deal with being away from everyone, so I gave up my dream and transferred to Philly to be closer to home. (it was one of my biggest regrets for leaving NYC, but trust me, it was for the best! Homegirl was a depressed pup!) Each weekend that I wasn't working, I was home, playing with the little sibs and going on walks with mama-bear. Now I'm lucky if I get to skype once every two weeks!


Forgot to mention, I went to a French rugby match! they destroyed the samoans! YAY! It was so funny to contrast american sporting events to this. The whole stadium did the wave (i have a video of it somewhere, need to find it!!) you buy berets and scarves instead of baseball caps and t-shirts! There is no food to buy inside, only outside from street vendors. Such a fun sport to watch though. I need to find me a rugby baller! =)

My BFF from high school is flying in tonight from Israel (she goes to NYU and was studying there for a semester) I cannot wait for her to come! On Monday we leave for Amsterdam, and I PROMISE to update while I am there! We come home Christmas Eve and then are having dinner a feast with the family I tutor English to. Sooo excited!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Bisous!
Morgan

1 comment:

  1. I watched that match on tv. Just wait until the 6 Nations starts in February, then the rugby will really get C R A Z Y!

    ReplyDelete